The role involves working alongside a diverse team of Transport Planners and Civil Engineers, gaining consultancy skills as you assist in a number of projects at any one time while our clients' prepare planning applications for new and regenerated development sites.
Dynamic and client-focused, with an eye for detail and excellent analytical judgement; you will help prepare Transport Assessments and Travel Plans, which include analysis of local accessibility for proposed developments, site access designs, and parking requirements, local and national planning policy, potential development impact on road, cycling, pedestrian and public transport infrastructure, and preparing strategies to support sustainable travel practices for future developments. You will also have the opportunity to implement these strategies with users of newly built developments. As an SME your direct exposure to clients, site visits and meetings will be matched by opportunities for input into the company operations such as marketing, finance and development.
- Ability to complete Transport Assessments and Statements, Technical Notes, Travel Plans
- Request and instruct on highway surveys (ATC, Parking, Topographical)
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Work effectively, efficiently and accurately
- Educated to Degree level in relevant subject (geography, urban planning)
- 1 plus years experience in the industry supporting senior colleagues
- Fast and accurate typing skills, high level of proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Complete detailed planning-stage highway drawings using AutoCAD such as new access road and small highway improvement schemes
- Complete Fee Proposals for small and medium sized projects
- Timesheet entry
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Appraisal and Salary Review
- Private Healthcare
- Bonus Scheme
- A friendly and interactive team on hand to ensure a supportive environment and fast progression
- Exposure to some of the nation's most prominent developers, planners and architects
- Active social and charitable calendar
- Auto enrolment onto the company Pension Scheme with an employer's contribution of 5%
- 24 days annual leave as well as your birthday off
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please use the form below to send us your CV and covering letter, alternatively you can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.