Paul Basham Associates is a fast-growing, and award-winning Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering and Transport Planning consultancy. We are offering an exciting opportunity for a civil engineering technician role to support a wide variety of engineering work in an expanding team.
- Be responsible for the collation and ongoing development of a construction details database,
- Undertake quality checks on all drawings produced within the team,
- Support civil engineers through the drafting of technical design drawings,
- Ensuring that project specific BIM standards are adhered to across all drawings and documents produced,
- Maintain large scale site wide drawings such as combined topographical surveys, title plan compilations etc.
- Develop and maintain engineering keys and legends specific to the project stage,
- Collate project specifications in liaison with the civil engineers.
- Ensuring client drawing output specific requirements are met,
- Work within a Civil Engineering design team responsible for the design of drainage systems, highway layouts, S278/S38 schemes, and the management of the corresponding sectional applications such as S104/98/185.
- Work in a design office, with regular exposure to developers, architects and local authorities.
- Co-operate with the Quality Management System (QMS) through undertaking administrative activities.
- Support our regional offices and other departments through knowledge sharing.
Skills & Experience Required
- 5+ years’ experience in a technician role using AutoCAD (essential) and Site3D (preferred)
- Project experience on large scale multi-phase developments,
- Experience working with local authorities, developers and architects on civil engineering aspects of residential, commercial and retirement/care schemes,
- Varied experience working on engineering schemes at various stages of the project process including planning stages and working drawings
You must have the ability to:
- Produce high quality and fit-for-purpose design drawings based on designs undertaken by engineers,
- Draft construction details and bespoke designs based on sketches or work undertaken by engineers,
- Aid in the development of design solutions.
You must have:
- Strong time management skills and an ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Experience with 3D design software such as Site3D, Civil 3D or PDS is preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Appraisal and Salary Review
- Private Healthcare
- Bonus Scheme
- A friendly and interactive team on hand to ensure a supportive environment and fast progression
- Exposure to some of the nation's most prominent developers, planners and architects
- Active social and charitable calendar
- Auto enrolment onto the company Pension Scheme with an employer's contribution of 5%
- 24 days annual leave as well as your birthday off
- Payment of Professional Membership
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please use the form below to send us your CV and covering letter, alternatively you can email your application to email@example.com.