As we continue to expand and develop our teams, we are looking for a Senior Transport Planners to join both our Fareham head office and Cambridge office. Working alongside a diverse team of Transport Planners, Civil Engineers and Structural Engineers you will gain excellent exposure to our projects, clients and systems to help build your career.
Dynamic and client-focused, with an eye for detail and excellent analytical judgement; you will help prepare Transport Assessments and Travel Plans, which include analysis of local accessibility for proposed developments, site access designs, and parking requirements, local and national planning policy, potential development impact on road, cycling, pedestrian and public transport infrastructure, and preparing strategies to support sustainable travel practices for future developments. You will also have the opportunity to implement these strategies with users of newly built developments. As an SME your direct exposure to clients, site visits and meetings will be matched by opportunities for input into the company operations such as marketing, finance and development. As a Senior Transport Planner you will be involved in project management including client liaison and reviews of budgets and therefore contribute directly towards successful project delivery.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Membership of relevant professional organisation
- At least 5 years transport planning experience
- Knowledge and application of national design guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with computer-based systems including Microsoft programmes
- Manage your own workload and delegate tasks
- Write, check and on occasion approve technical reports such as Transport Assessments, Transport Statements, Travel Plans and Technical Notes.
- Prepare appeal documentation including Statement of Case and Statement of Common Ground
- Project manage schemes, including budget and time management
- Client / officer liaison and management
- Assist with training junior members of staff
- Ability to complete / review / approve planning drawing requirements, such as visibility splays, vehicle tracking diagrams, access designs etc.
- Attendance at Public Consultation events, project team/client meetings, appeal meetings & Local Highway Authority meetings
- Prepare fee proposals and tenders
- Good understanding of modelling packages, and methodologies to calculate trip generation and distributions
- Be adaptable to assist team members and cover project responsibilities while other colleagues are away
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Appraisal and Salary Review
- Private Healthcare
- Chance to develop skills and progress your career
- A friendly and interactive team on hand to ensure a supportive environment and fast progression
- Exposure to some of the nation's most prominent developers, planners and architects
- Active social and charitable calendar
- Auto enrolment onto the company Pension Scheme with an employer's contribution of 5%
- 24 days annual leave as well as your birthday off
- Employee Assistant Programme
Please use the form below to send us your CV and covering letter, alternatively you can email your application to email@example.com.