The role involves working alongside a diverse team of Transport Planners, Civil and Structural Engineers, gaining consultancy skills as you assist in a number of projects at any one time while our clients' prepare planning applications for new and regenerated development sites.
Dynamic and client-focused, with an eye for detail and excellent analytical judgement; you will help prepare Transport Assessments and Travel Plans, which include analysis of local accessibility for proposed developments, site access designs, and parking requirements, local and national planning policy, potential development impact on road, cycling, pedestrian and public transport infrastructure, and preparing strategies to support sustainable travel practices for future developments. You will also have the opportunity to implement these strategies with users of newly built developments. As an SME your direct exposure to clients, site visits and meetings will be matched by opportunities for input into the company operations such as marketing, finance and development.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- At least 2 years transport planning experience, ideally exploring membership at a professional organisation
- Working knowledge of relevant design guidance & awareness of relevant local planning policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to respond efficiently to demands at a high standard
- Ability to prioritise workload, work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Experience of working with computer based systems including Microsoft programmes
- Experience using AutoCAD, TRICs and modelling software
- Lead and manage small – medium sized projects, including budget and time management, delegating where appropriate with input from senior colleagues
- Write and occasionally check Transport Assessments/Statements, Technical Notes, Travel Plans, Access Appraisals etc.
- Good understanding of modelling packages, and methodologies to calculate trip generation and distributions
- Ability to complete / review of planning drawing requirements, such as visibility splays, vehicle tracking diagrams, access designs etc.
- Undertake site visits independently and provide professional opinions accordingly, particularly to inform scheme development at early stages of projects
- Attendance at project team, client and Local Highway Authority meetings
- Help preparing material for and attendance at Public Consultations
- Development of good personal and company working relationships with architects/planners/local highways officers
- Complete fee proposals for small to medium projects and input into larger sites where required
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Appraisal and Salary Review
- Private Healthcare
- Chance to develop skills and progress your career
- Bonus Scheme
- A friendly and interactive team on hand to ensure a supportive environment and fast progression
- Exposure to some of the nation's most prominent developers, planners and architects
- Active social and charitable calendar
- Auto enrolment onto the company Pension Scheme with an employer's contribution of 5%
- 24 days annual leave as well as your birthday off
- Employee Assistance Programme
Please use the form below to send us your CV and covering letter, alternatively you can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.